Important reminders to keep your car safe:
- Ensure you leave ABSOLUTELY NOTHING visible in your vehicle. No loose change, cellphone chargers or earphones. Your car should look absolutely empty.
- Always try to park in a place that is well-lit.
- If you drive a station wagon or hatchback, if the trunk is empty, leave the cargo cover open (if possible).
- Ensure you phone the police non-emergency number 416-808-2222 and get an incident number
or report online www.torontopolice.on.ca/core
- Take pictures and e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the location. We’re keeping a comprehensive record to work with police to apprehend the thieves.
- Finally, also let your neighbours know if your car has been tampered with because thieves often scout an area and then return to it.