Oben Flats – Construction begins late fall 2019May 8, 2019
Update: The evening of January 20, 2019 the CSRA board, Councilor Kristyn Wong-Tam as well as representatives from 51 Division, hydro, traffic and other service providers in the area, participated in a safety walk through our community’s streets and alleyways.
The goal was to identify and highlight areas where safety and security are a concern. Increased lighting, alley repaving and areas where greater patrols are needed were all raised.
It was a productive walk and it was great to see everyone collectively working together to make our community safer for all residents.
Our Progress – as of July 25, 2019
(report from Councilor Wong-Tam’s Office)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Initiated the new 12-month & 5-year Downtown East Action Plans and elevated the work to the Mayor and City Manager
- Setting new priorities with TCHC including long-term strategies for “troubled buildings”
- Convened a community safety walk and produced How To Report Fliers
- Advocates regularly for dedicated Toronto Police Neighbourhood officers and improved co-ordination among service providers
- Convenes monthly meetings with stakeholders
Cabbagetown South Residents’ Association
- Meets monthly with the Councillor to discuss challenges and the ongoing work plan
- Organizes social events to bring the community together and maintain positive morale
- Actively engaging residents and providing information